An interesting way to boost your website is to create a brand from it. Recently, Google added a new element to its search algorithm: the power and the popularity of brands.
Depending on your brand you can influence others a lot or not so much. Google trust its users and wants to offer greater visibility to brands.
How to use branding in order to consolidate SEO
There is a well-known SEO war cycle that usually starts with new SEO techniques and campaigns, continues with actions that should manipulate results, but search results relevance decreases and Google’s utility diminish while other marketing tools increase their utility such as Facebook Ads. Next Google comes with algorithm updates in order to regain its utility back and then the cycle start again. This happens because people spend money to buy rankings instead of earning rankings.
Now, brands are trusted by people with are trusted by Google and in the end, Google trusts brands because of the people who trust the brands.
Branding helps websites to gain more popularity by keywords, other words which create semantically groups, links, and mentions. Web sites also help brands in the same way by mentions or by links which contain one or more keywords and other words which also create semantically groups.
Brand authority is distributed depending the keyword’s popularity. For example, if your keyword is amazon, it will always send to the amazon site and brand, following the next popular site and brand which uses the specific keyword such as Wikipedia and others.
Depending on the mentions of the brand on the web, the search volume and the online presence of a brand you can determine the brand popularity. You can always use as a group of keywords to search for such as a brand and a keyword like amazon books. In this case, people tell Google that Amazon is related to Books. This is even more powerful than link building and SEO on the page.
To fully use branding in order to consolidate search engine optimization you need to:
- Build a focused and strong relationship between your brand name and targeted keywords.
- Attract people and make them search for your brand through radio, TV, internet ads.
- Include your brand in building linkable assets.
- Use externally distributed content.
- Offer great social media interactions and customer services.
- When you are brand building you need to look after common areas between your content and what others will say about your content.
- Pick a niche and excel in the chosen niche by proving your expertise in one or two areas of your industry.
- Expand your expertise in the chosen niche.
- Optimize for semantic search and knowledge graph. You can start by testing if Google knows what your brand is about.
- Provide the most interesting, best and accurate answers to the major answers related to your niche that people might look for.
- Define your brand’s identity for your people around the world so they should know what about your brand is.
- Build a powerful authorship portfolio by using the sameAs property, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, entities, structured data, Wikipedia and Freebase.
- Use link building in order to increase your brand’s popularity and visibility.
- You should find and create a list of top domains which produce content similar to yours.
- Try to achieve what 2 authority sites from the first 50 websites on your list achieved and replace them in your list with your own brand/ site.
- You should write the type of content that attracts people.
- You should also take advantage of your own existing website and others.
- You need to see an audience that others do not see and use them properly.
- You need to create a brand that is easy to remember and if you are using a funny name you may attract even more people.
- You should have an online platform which can inspire people.
- Use the most powerful resource: the brain, in order to be continuously creative and innovative.
In September 2006, Google announced extended search results for brands while in 2008 Google Suggest appears offering users the possibility to fill their search form with brands when they are looking for something. In November 2009, brands get larger listings on Adwords together with additional options for product listing links. In November 2010, brands get a new update having additional navigation options. In 2011.
Google makes the Panda Update which rewards brands by replacing penalized website in search results of the small businesses. In March 2011, Google ads Google plus One to search engine results pages, making the brand more powerful than ever. In May 2011, Google takes no action regarding a florist which spams Google. So Google does not penalize brands.
There are multiple signals that Google uses in its algorithm:
- Brands have people searching for them by their name.
- Brands have or not a Google Plus One page.
- Brands have a physical address.
- Brands have a contact information.
- Brand are listed or not in the yellow pages.
- Brands have their own website.
- Brands website are responsive.
- Brands are listed in local directories and other local websites.
- Brands have Facebook, Twitter and so on.
- Brands interact or not to their visitors
You should also know that you need more than a logo when you are creating a brand and also you need to find your own identity in order to find your qualities and your target audience. Once you know yourself, you can start doing what you like creating unique images, videos and text and finding competitive advantages. Do not forget to remain consistent, competitive and to target people you want using attractive and suggestive topics and keywords.